A new salad favourite that I’ve been wanting to try for a while. Watermelon Feta Cheese Salad with Walnuts, Mint and Cucumber. Super light and refreshing, this Watermelon Feta Salad has a great balance of sweetness from the Watermelons, lightness from the Cucumbers, creaminess from the Feta, crunch from the Walnuts and a little acidity thanks to the dressing. 🥗 🍉
Watermelon and Feta is such a great combination, and this salad recipe is an absolute delight in this summer heat. There are a lot of variations out there of this Watermelon Feta Salad, where some recipes don’t have walnuts or cucumbers, and where some don’t use Balsamic Vinegar. In all honesty, if you just combine Watermelon & Feta with a little bit of mint, that’s all you need to taste this wonderful combination. I’m glad I tried this recipe and I hope you all enjoy this Watermelon Feta Salad too. In case you’re looking for more salad recipes, click here.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
1/2 Watermelon (de-seeded, cubed)
1-2 Cucumbers (diced)
1/3 Cup Feta Cheese(crumbled)
1 Cup Walnuts (crushed)
1/4 tsp Black Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Lemon (squeezed)
1/4 Cup Mint Leaves (chopped)
1. Chop up your ingredients – Watermelon, Cucumbers, Walnuts, Feta Cheese and keep them ready. Put aside.
2. Make your salad dressing with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lemon and Mint Leaves. Mix it all together and keep aside.
3. Take a large salad bowl, add your diced cucumbers, cubed watermelons. Toss together lightly. Add black salt and pepper. Toss lightly again.
4. Now add your salad dressing and toss the salad.
5. Add your crumbled feta cheese and crushed walnuts, and toss lightly.
6. Finally, add a dash of balsamic vinegar, garnish with more mint leaves and serve your salad chilled!