Thai Curry is one of my favourite Thai foods to eat and this version my Veg Thai Red Curry with Foxtail Millets, is a great healthy alternative to regular Thai Red Curry with normal rice. The veggies include mushrooms, aubergines, carrots and green beans. I personally love green Thai curry, the flavour is my favourite out of the curries. But next I want to learn how to make my own curry paste. Hope you enjoy this simple and easy for Thai Red Curry 👨🍳🌶️
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 1/2 cups Foxtail Millets (Rice if you prefer)
- 2 Long Aubergines (Sliced)
- 1 Carrot (Sliced)
- 200g Button Mushrooms (chopped in halves)
- 1 Green Onion (Chopped with greens and whites)
- 3 tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Chilli Flakes
- Water for boiling millets
- Oil for cooking
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- Start with cooking your millets/rice and keep aside.
- Now take a pan, add olive oil and once the oil is hot, add garlic and chilli flakes and flavor the oil. Once the raw smell of the garlic is gone, add 3/4 of your chopped green onions. Cook on moderate heat until onions are softened.
- Next add your chopped vegetables one by one, add salt and pepper and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add your red curry paste and ginger, and stir well so that all the vegetables get coated with the paste and let the paste cook for about a minute.
- Now add your coconut milk, let it come to a boil and then cover with a lid, let it simmer on a low flame for about 10-15 minutes and you’re done. Add water if you think the curry is too thick.
- Serve with the millets/rice, and garnish with remaining green onions and some coriander leaves.
For more interesting recipes, don’t forget to check out all my recipes 🙂