One of my favourite salads to eat is a Thai Raw Papaya Salad! So continuing with my love for Thai food, I recently made this Thai Raw Papaya Salad almost the authentic way. The dressing was so flavourful and had a wonderful kick to it. For those who don’t enjoy fish sauce or that fishy taste, look away. But for me, it was an absolute delight of flavours. Sort of perfect for the weather in this heat and so healthy & refreshing too. ❤️
Do check out this recipe for a Thai Raw Papaya Salad 🙂
#papaya #papayasalad #salad
Ingredients (Serves 3-4):
1 Raw Green Papaya (Peeled & finely shredded)
2 Tomatoes (chopped into quarter wedges)
1 cup Long Green Beans (blanched)
1/2 cup Roasted Peanuts
2 tbsp Fish Sauce
1 tsp Shrimp Paste / 1 tbsp Dry Shrimp
1 Lemon (squeezed)
1/2 tbsp Jaggery (grated)
3-4 Garlic cloves
3 Birds Eye Chili / 2 Thai Red Chillies
1 tsp Garlic Chili Oil
1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- Start with peeling and thinly shredding your raw papaya, and soaking it in cold water. Keep aside.
- Then chop 2 tomatoes into quarter wedges. Keep aside. Boil 1 cup long green beans for about 5 minutes in hot water and then quickly blanch them in cold water. Take out of the water once cooled down and keep aside.
- Now make your salad dressing by pounding 3-4 garlic cloves with 3 birds eye chillis & shrimp paste in a mortar. Once grinded, add fish sauce, lemon, jaggery, garlic chilli oil and sriracha sauce. Pound and mix all of it well. Taste at this point and it should be spicy and tangy. Adding shrimp paste/dry shrimp is optional but it really elevates the flavour.
- Take your chopped ingredients, put them in a bowl and add your dressing over it along with the roasted peanuts and toss well.
- Your Thai Raw Green Papaya Salad is ready now to eat. Serve cold with a chilled beer!
Looking for more salad recipes? Check them out here.