Thai Basil Soya with Rice! I absolutely love eating Pad Krapow Gai or Spicy Thai Basil Chicken with Rice. Have made it a few times at home and for a change wanted to make it with something vegetarian instead of chicken. Here’s my version with Soya, a Thai Basil Soya, that tastes almost as good as the non-vegetarian version. I used Soya Granules by @mynutrela and it soaks up the flavour so well. The addition of basil along with a simple sauce of Oyster Sauce, Sriracha, Fish Sauce and Honey, is good enough for me and it’s so simple to make. 🙂
Check out this simple yet super tasty Thai Basil Soya with Rice 😁
#padkrapao #thaifood #food
Ingredients (Serves 3-4):
1 1/2 Cup Jasmine Rice (Steamed)
1 1/2 Cups Soya Granules (I used Nutrela)
1/2 Cup Basil Leaves
2 Thai Red Chillies (chopped)
1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
1/2 tbsp Ginger (grated)
1/2 tbsp Garlic (grated)
1 Red Onion (thinly sliced)
2 Green Onions (chopped)
1 tsp Salt3 cups Water (for cooking Soya)
3 cups Water (for boiling Rice)
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
1/2 tbsp Honey
1. Start with boiling your rice in salted water and keep aside. In a pressure cooker, cook 1 1/2 cups of Soya Granules with 3 cups of water for about 8-10 minutes. Once cooked, let it cool down and keep aside.
2. Make your sauce with Oyster Sauce, Fish Sauce, Sriracha Sauce and Honey in a bowl. Mix well and keep aside.
3. Take a deep pan, add 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil and once the oil is hot, add your chilli flakes, garlic and ginger and let it cook for a few seconds till the raw smell of ginger and garlic goes away, and the oil is nicely flavoured.
4. Next add the whites from the green onions, the sliced red onions and the chopped Thai red chillies, and let it cook till the onions slightly soften.
5. Now add your cooked Soya granules, add your sauce to it and stir well till the sauce evenly coats all of it.
6. Add your basil leaves & green onions, and mix well. Add salt / pepper to taste. Serve hot with the cooked rice.
Looking for more Thai based recipes? Check out this awesome Thai Curry recipe.