I love Thai Basil Fried Rice! I could eat this everyday, not even kidding. I enjoy making fried rice very often, and this has to be my favourite recipe for it. I made this Thai Basil Fried Rice with Chicken and the sauce recipe works like a charm everytime. Luckily had some homegrown basil, so I couldn’t resist making this. 🌶️🌿🔥
Finally I get to share my recipe with all of you. Hope you enjoy it. Trust me, the sauce always does the trick, and especially with Sriracha (I always use the Huy Fong Foods brand). Hope you enjoy this Thai Basil Fried Rice with Chicken recipe!
Ingredients (Serves 3-4):
1 1/2 Cup Jasmine Rice (Steamed)
1/2 Cup Basil Leaves
2 Thai Red Chillies (chopped)
1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
1/2 tbsp Ginger (grated)
1/2 tbsp Garlic (grated)
1 Red Onion (thinly sliced)
2 Green Onions (chopped)
1 tsp Salt
300g Chicken Thighs (chopped into small pieces)
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1. Start with boiling your rice in salted water and keep aside. Marinate your chicken as well for atleast 1 hour.
2. Make your sauce with Oyster Sauce, Fish Sauce, Sriracha Sauce and Honey in a bowl. Mix well and keep aside.
3. Take a deep pan, add 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil and once the oil is hot, add your chilli flakes, garlic and ginger and let it cook for a few seconds till the raw smell of ginger and garlic goes away, and the oil is nicely flavoured.
4. Next add the whites from the green onions, the sliced red onions and the chopped Thai red chillies, and let it cook till the onions slightly soften.
5. Now add your marinated chicken pieces and let it cook on medium heat for about 10-12 minutes.
6. Once the chicken has cooked, add 3/4 of your sauce to the chicken and stir well till the sauce evenly coats the pieces.
7. Add your basil leaves & green onions, and mix well. Now add your rice to it, and stir nicely till the rice absorbs the juices and gets coated with flavour. I enjoy it the way it is and you don’t really need any sides
For more recipes, check them out here.