Did you know that I’m a massive noodle lover, and my favourite kind are Soba Noodles. This Sesame Soba Noodle recipe is so simple and easy, and you’ll love the taste of the sesame along with that earthy buckwheat flavour. I love the taste of soba noodles, and when you just toss them with something like sesame and soy, it’s wonderful. So here’s my Spicy Sesame Soba Noodles with a half boiled egg, garnished with toasted sesame seeds and green onions. This right here is #foodporn for me. If you want to make a nice Soba Noodle Salad as well, there are two lovely recipes, one with Shrimp and the other with Crabstick.
Ingredients (Serves 3-4):
300g Soba Noodles (Buckwheat)
2-3 Large Green Onions(finely chopped, greens & whitesseparated)
3 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
3 tbsp Sesame Seeds (toasted)
3-4 Boiled Eggs (boiled for 7 minutes)
1 tbsp Oil for cooking
Hot water (for boiling noodles)
Ice cold water (for shocking noodles)
2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Cooking Rice Vinegar
1 tbsp Chilli Garlic Oil
2 tsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Ginger (grated)
1. Take a bowl, and mix all your sauce ingredients together. Keep aside. Next, take a deep boiling pan filled with water on high heat.
2. Once the water has started to boil, add your Soba noodles and let them boil for about 4-5 minutes (they cook fast) and when done, immediately put them in the ice cold water to shock the noodles (stop them from cooking further). Keep aside.
3. Now heat another pan with oil, and when the oil is hot, add garlic and cook for a minute before the garlic turns brown. Add your whites from the green onions and cook till soft for about 2-3 minutes. You can add chilli flakes to increase the spice level.
4. Add your sauce to the pan on low heat, and add your Soba noodles to this and gently mix well till all the sauce coats the noodles.
5. Add your toasted sesame seeds, toss well.
6. Serve with a half-boiled egg split in half, and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.