I love making different kinds of sauces every now and then, and this Mushroom sauce is so good. Usually I would eat this with chicken, but kept it simple and cooked it with Mushrooms itself and some Broccoli and Carrots on the side. The Mushroom Sauce is creamy and flavourful, and makes for a nice filling meal depending on whatever you eat it with. For the Mushroom Recipe, check it out below.
400g Mushrooms (200g for sauce, 200g chopped in halves for the rest)
2 Cups Chicken Stock
1 Onion (Chopped)
1 tsp Dry Thyme
3 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 tbsp Pepper
2 tbsp Cream
1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 Broccoli (divided into florets)
1 Carrot (sliced)
Salt to taste
Parsley for garnish
Mushrooms & Sauce
- Take a pan, once it’s hot add 1 tbsp butter and when the butter melts, add your chopped onions and cook till they soften and start to turn golden brown. Add 200g mushrooms at this stage along with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, add thyme while cooking. When the mushrooms have softened, take off the heat and let it cool down on the side.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp butter (You can be more generous if you like), and then add your remaining 200g mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes till the mushrooms are slightly golden on the edges and then take off the heat and keep aside.
- Once your mushrooms for the sauce have cooled down, add it to a blender and add 1/2 cup chicken stock while blending. It should be a thick & creamy paste like consistency.
- Take the same pan, add 1 tbsp butter again and once the butter has browned, add ginger garlic paste and cook for a few seconds till the raw smell goes and then add your mushroom sauce blend and stir well. Add your remaining chicken stock & stir well again (add the stock depending on the consistency you want).
- Cook the sauce for about a minute, add your cream and soy sauce, stir well and then add your other cooked mushrooms and mix again. Taste, and add more salt or pepper if you want. Garnish with parsley and you’re done.
Brocolli & Carrots
- The broccoli and carrots are super simple. Boil your broccoli for about a minute and then blanch in iced water. Take a pan, add some butter with a little ginger garlic paste, cook for a few seconds and then just toss your broccoli and carrots with some salt & pepper. And that’s about it 🙂
For other recipes, check them out here.