Getting more into baking recently and I baked this delightful Moist Dark Chocolate Cake with a Chocolate Ganache that is so easy to make. With so many great cake recipes out there, it’s tough to zero down on one and especially when looking for a Moist Dark Chocolate Cake. So I decided to create my own recipe with the learnings & recipes I’ve come across over the years. This Moist Dark Chocolate Cake is pretty straightforward to make and it goes best when you add melted chocolate to the final batter for that added fudginess. I also attempted a simple 2 ingredient Chocolate Ganache that goes wonderfully with this cake. Chuck it in the fridge and it stays perfect. Hope you enjoy this Moist Dark Chocolate Cake recipe. ❤️
#chocolate #cake #recipe
Ingredients (9” Inch Cake):
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 cup Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)2 tsp Baking Powder1 tsp Baking Soda1 tsp Cinnamon Powder1 tsp Coffee Powder1/2 tsp Nutmeg Powder4 Eggs1 cup Vegetable Oil1/4 cup Unsalted Butter (melted)
1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup / 200g Dark Chocolate (sweetened & melted; I used Morde Dark Chocolate)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 C. Take a 9” round cake pan and lightly grease it with flour and butter.
2. Take a bowl, add your dry ingredients through a sift – flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, coffee powder & nutmeg powder. Mix all together nicely.
3. In another bowl, add your oil, butter & brown sugar, and whisk it till nice and creamy. Slowly add the eggs one by one while whisking and do it for about 5-6 minutes till it’s creamy and slightly fluffy.
4. Now fold your wet ingredients into the dry, and mix only till no lumps remain. Don’t overmix it.
5. Transfer your melted chocolate into the batter and mix well.
6. Pour your batter into the cake pan and bake at 180 C for about 35-40 minutes. Once done, check by inserting a fork all the way through the cake and if it comes out clean, your cake is ready. Let it rest for about 5-10 minutes in the oven before serving or eating. You can add a chocolate ganache by simply whisking 1 cup cream with 50g melted chocolate and let it thicken slightly in the fridge.
Looking for another cake recipe? Try this Dark Chocolate Marble Cake recipe.