Making pasta by hand has always intimidated me but that’s where the whole fun of cooking lies. This homemade Gnocchi pasta with Chicken recipe is pretty simple for making your own pasta at home. I love the tasty pillows of floury potato goodness that you can cook with just about anything, any type of sauce or accompaniments. I cooked this Gnocchi Pasta with Chicken, a homemade Tomato sauce, some Parmesan cheese and a butter garlic sauce. The best part about this dish is its simplicity. Not too complicated flavors, easy to follow recipe, and it makes for a delicious meal. But always make sure that you make your Gnocchi pasta dough as per the instructions, because the genius in this dish lies in that pasta dough with the perfect ratio of potato to flour. And most importantly, the size of your Gnocchi pillows. I love calling them pillows! So I hope you find this Gnocchi pasta with Chicken recipe just as easy and simple as I do, and be prepared for a wonderful meal.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
Gnocchi Pasta Dough:
1 Cup Flour
2 Potatoes (Medium sized, skin peeled)
Pinch of salt
2 Chicken Thighs Boneless (200g)
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Paprika Powder
1 tsp Garlic Paste
1 tsp Olive Oil
3 Tomatoes (Medium sized, skin peeled)
1 tsp Garlic (2 cloves chopped)
Water for boiling pasta
3 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Oregano
Basil for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Take a large pot, add water along with some salt and bring it to a boil. Peel your potatoes and add them the to pot. Cook until tender but still firm, for about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and mash with a fork or potato masher.
2. Now take a bowl and combine 1 cup mashed potato, flour and egg, along with a little salt. Knead properly until dough forms a ball. Shape small portions of the dough into long & thin “snakes”. On a floured surface, cut snakes into half-inch pieces.
3. Bring another large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Drop in gnocchi and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until gnocchi have risen to the top; drain and serve. (This simple recipe is from AllRecipes.com)
1. Peel your tomatoes and keep all ingredients ready. Take a blender, throw in all the ingredients and blend until the tomato is properly pureed. Check salt and pepper for taste. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
2. Heat a pan, add your sauce and let it cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens, and keep aside. (Looking for more tomato sauce based recipes? Check this recipe out too)
1. Marinate your chicken with the given ingredients for about 30-45 minutes. Take a pan, put it on a high flame and add oil. Once hot, add your chicken thigh pieces and let cook on each side for 1 minute to let it properly seal in the juices. Turn to low flame, cover the pan and cook for about 12-15 minutes on slow heat. Keep basting the chicken with the juices released while cooking. Once cooked, remove from pan, chop into cube bite sized pieces and keep aside.
1. Take a pan, add your butter to it and let the butter melt. Once melted, add your chopped garlic and oregano and let it cook till you start to smell the garlic flavor. Add your boiled gnocchi pasta at this stage, and let the garlic butter coat it nicely. Add a little salt and pepper at this stage too.
2. While stirring the gnocchi in the garlic butter, add your cooked chicken and stir well.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl, top it off with the tomato sauce, sprinkle some parmesan cheese, add a few basil leaves for garnish and your Gnocchi pasta with Chicken is done!
This is a super simple Gnocchi recipe that barely takes time to make, and is easy on flavor but hits the right spots. Hope you enjoy it!