Looking to make Lasagna in a healthier gluten-free way? Then an Eggplant Lasagna is the way to go. I love Eggplant as a vegetable and it cooks so beautifully, especially the fleshy bits. So what better than making a Lasagna with it. I try to avoid gluten as much as I can since it doesn’t suit me that well. This Eggplant Lasagna recipe is simple and tastes so good. I think I’ll try this with minced mutton the next time along with eggplant. 🍅🌿🧀 .
Try this for lunch today? Here’s the recipe for my Eggplant Lasagna:
2 Full Eggplants (Sliced into long flat slices)
5 Tomatoes (Pureed)
4 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
1 tsp Chilli Flakes
1 cup Basil Leaves
1 cup Mozzarella (grated)
1 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
2 tbsp Cream
2 tbsp Dry Red Wine
1 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Pepper
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt to taste
- Start with pre-heating your oven to 190 C
- Take your sliced Eggplants and grill them over a greased grill pan on medium flame for about 2-3 minutes on each side till the sides are slightly grilled. Keep aside.
- In another pan, add olive oil and when the oil is hot, add your garlic & chilli flakes and flavour the oil for about 15-20 seconds, and then add your pureed tomatoes. Add salt & pepper.
- Cook the tomato sauce for about 5-6 minutes on medium flame till it thickens and then add your red wine & butter. Then add 3/4 of your basil leaves, cook for 2-3 minutes and keep aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with 1/2 cup Mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan & cream. Keep aside.
- Now take a flat bottom dish, grease with a little olive oil, and start by layering with a little tomato sauce, then a few eggplants, the egg cheese mixture, some grated cheese and repeat the layer one more time and then top with the remaining tomato sauce and a little more leftover grated cheese.
- Bake for about 40-45 mins at 190C and you’re done! Garnish with some basil leaves and your Eggplant Lasagna is ready 🙂
Looking for another gluten free Pasta recipe? Try this Zucchini Spaghetti. It’s absolutely delish.