I’m not much of a baker but I definitely have a major sweet tooth when it comes to chocolate or desserts. I enjoy a good muffin at most coffee shops, especially blueberry muffins. But getting fresh blueberries in Gurgaon is not easy and you usually get the imported ones that are super expensive. So I decided to try my hand at making chocolate muffins, and I really wanted them to be fluffy and spongy because that’s exactly how I enjoy it and I hope most of you reading do as well.
The recipe is pretty simple and you can experiment with whatever chocolate brand you want to use. I usually use Morde for baking any sort of chocolate cakes, brownies or muffins. Hope you enjoy the recipe. Happy baking!
Ingredients (Makes 6 small muffins)
1 cup maida/flour
1/2 double cream
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
100g dark compound chocolate (I use Morde)
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup powdered white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
Muffin tray with six cups/circles
1. Take a mixing bowl, add in your flour, baking powder, powdered sugar and salt, and mix together.
2. Now add your egg, and slowly start whisking together, and also add in the double cream slowly while whisking, and then add the milk. Whisk nicely till you get the perfect consistency.
4. For the dark chocolate compound, take a small cooking pot and add your butter to it. Once the butter starts melting, add your chocolate compound to it. Don’t add all of it, leave a little for chocolate chips/pieces to be added to the batter separately while pouring it in the muffin tray. You could add a little sugar to the melting chocolate compound for added sweetness. Once the chocolate has completely melted and is liquid, add it to your batter. Also, add the vanilla extract to your batter. And whisk nicely.
5. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Before adding your muffin tray to the preheated oven, grease it with some butter all over.
6. Now pour your batter into the muffin tray. Add the leftover chocolate pieces/chips to each muffin circle while pouring in your batter. This makes the muffins a little gooey from the inside once done baking.
7. Place your muffin tray in the preheated oven, and let it bake for 30 minutes approximately. After 20-25 minutes, keep poking the center with a toothpick to see if it has been completely cooked or not.
8. Once done, allow it to rest for 4-5 minutes in the oven itself, then take it out and enjoy them bad boys 🙂