A Marble Cake is a thing of beauty, so I wanted to try it with Dark Chocolate instead and this Dark Chocolate Marble came out wonderful. I happened to bake this on the World Baking Day because I had to whip up something. So here’s a beautiful and simple Dark Chocolate Marble Cake recipe. I love the subtle swirls on the top of the cake with those cracks. It’s an easy recipe, s please do check it out. If you’re looking for other dessert / baking recipes, head here.
Ingredients (9” Inch Cake):
3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 cup Butter (melted, unsalted)
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Castor Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/4 cup Oil
1/4 cup Milk
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate(Melted)
Tip: Make sure the melted butter and chocolate are at room temperature.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 C. Take a 9” round cake pan and lightly grease it with flour and butter.
2. Take a bowl, add your dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder.
3. In another bowl, take both your brown & castor sugar, and whisk it with the butter and oil. Slowly add the eggs one by one while whisking and do it for about 5-6 minutes till it’s creamy and slightly fluffy. Add vanilla essence and milk here too. (if you want you can add vanilla essence just to the chocolate batter later to make it more distinctly marble coloured)
4. Now fold your wet ingredients into the dry, and mix only till no lumps remain. Don’t overmix it.
5. Transfer 1/2 of that batter into another bowl to make your chocolate batter. Add the melted dark chocolate to one batter, and mix gently till it’s nicely incorporated.
6. Next take your greased pan, and alternately spoon the normal cake batter first and then add your chocolate batter. Once all added, take a thin pointy knife and just gently swirl the two batters together till a beautiful swirl is made.
7. Bake at 180 C for about 35-40 minutes. Once done, check by inserting a fork all the way through the cake and if it comes out clean, your cake is ready. Let it rest for about 5-10 minutes in the oven before serving or eating.