Dalgona? Nah. This is a Chia Pudding Chocolate Mousse. Sounds interesting? I’ve always enjoyed the traditional Chia Pudding with fruits, but this time I wanted to try it with Chocolate so here’s my version of Chia Pudding with Dark Chocolate Mousse. This recipe literally just has 4 ingredients and it’s super easy to make, tastes really nice too. And you can make this sugar-free as well. This is why I love Chia Pudding because of how simple and delicious it is.
#chocolate #mousse #pudding
Chia Pudding (Serves 2)
400 ml Coconut Milk
5-6 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 tbsp Vanilla Essence (optional)
1. Start with two separate glasses/cutlery of your choosing, and pour 200ml of coconut milk into each glass. Add your Vanilla essence and mix.
2. Now add the Chia seeds accordingly and stir, till the Chia seeds are all absorbed.
3. Keep it in the fridge and let it set. To make sure it’s nice and thick, and sets properly you need to add enough chia to it. Also, coconut milk helps since it’s thick already. So use creamy milk preferably.
4. Once your chia pudding is set, move onto the mousse.
Dark Chocolate Mousse
50g Dark Chocolate (Optional – sweetened)
1. Separate the yolk and the whites, and whisk your egg whites till they’re stiff (meaning the peaks stand straight up when you lift the whisk).
2. Melt your chocolate either in a microwave or on a bowl above boiling water.
3. Add your egg yolk to the melted chocolate, make sure you start mixing it right away so that the egg doesn’t cook.
4. Now fold your chocolate mixture with the egg whites gently, till they form a mousse like consistency.
5. Last step, layer your chocolate mousse over the set Chia Pudding and you’re done. Let it rest in the fridge for an hour or two, till the mousse also sets and serve cold. Garnish with crushed almonds.
Looking for more dessert recipes, check them out here.