I think I’ve perfected my own version of the best Carrot Cake. After watching recipes & trying a few, I narrowed down on what my own recipe tastes the best for me. And I honestly have to say this Carrot Cake is epic. It’s moist, not too sweet, has a great balance and that butter cream cheese frosting is what completes this perfectly. I’ve made this thrice in like a week now because I love it so much. Hope you try it and like it too 🙂
#carrotcake #cake #recipe
Ingredients (9” Inch cake):
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
1 cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 cup Unsalted Butter (melted)
1 cup Dark Brown Soft Sugar
1/2 cup Castor Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
3 cups Carrots (grated)
1/2 cup Walnuts (crushed)
Butter Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 cup Cream Cheese
3/4 cup Butter (salted)
1/2 cup Castor Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
Frosting Recipe Method: Whisk the cream cheese first,then with softened butter, andfinally with sugar and vanilla essence until thick and creamy.Let it cool & thicken in the fridgefor about 30 mins before addingfrosting
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 C. Take a 9 inch cake pan and lightly grease it with flour and butter.
2. Take a bowl, add your dry ingredients through a sift – flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder & salt. Mix all together nicely.
In another bowl, add your oil, butter, brown sugar, castor sugar, vanilla essence and whisk it till nice and creamy. Slowly add the eggs one by one while whisking and do it for about 5-6 minutes till it’s creamy.
3. Now fold your dry ingredients into the wet, and mix only till no lumps remain. Don’t overmix it.
4. Transfer your grated carrots & walnuts into the batter and mix well.
5. Pour your batter into the cake pan and bake at 180 C for about 35 minutes. Once done, check by inserting a fork all the way through the muffins and if it comes out clean, your muffins are ready. Let it rest for about 5-10 minutes in the oven. Then quickly transfer it to the freezer for about 30 minutes letting the cake cool down for frosting. It still stays moist if put in the freezer.
Once frosting is added, just sprinkle some walnuts and let it stay refrigerated. I enjoy this cold 🙂
Btw, have you tried my incredible Moist Dark Chocolate Cake yet? You must!