One of my all-time favorite flavors is Pesto! Here’s a variation with a Basil Spinach Pesto made with toasted Almonds, and no cheese! It turned out fab. This is a Pesto Linguine with Bacon, Cherry Tomatoes and Spinach. The pesto sauce was also cooked a little with the bacon fat for that added flavor. Bacon and pesto, two of my favorite things to eat! 🍝🌿🥓
Looking for the actual Pesto recipe instead? Check out it here.
Ingredients (Serves 4-5)
– 500g Linguine pasta (After boiling, keep 2 tbsp pasta water kept aside)
– 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
– 200g Bacon Strips
For the Pesto sauce
– 1 cup Spinach Leaves
– 1 cup Basil Leaves
– 4 cloves Garlic
– 2 tbsp Olive Oil
– 2 tbsp Almonds (Toasted)
– 1 tbsp Chili Flakes
– 1 tsp Pepper
Salt to taste
1. Start by making your pesto sauce with all the ingredients in a blender. Blend well and keep aside.
2. Boil your linguine with salt, and once done keep 2 tbsp of pasta water aside for the sauce to use later.
3. Fry up your bacon strips on a pan, keep aside and leave 2 tbsp of the bacon on the pan itself.
4. Add your pesto sauce to the same pan, add the 2 tbsp pasta water and mix well.
5. Take your boiled Linguine and add to the sauce, toss well so that the pasta gets evenly coated with the pesto sauce. Add some leftover spinach and basil leaves to this and toss well.
6. Take a grill pan, add your cherry tomatoes and on high heat just roast them till the skin is slightly charred. Then add them to the pasta along with the bacon strips, and you’re done! Add salt to taste.