Comfort baking at it’s best is when you can bake and enjoy a delicious & simple Banana Cake with Walnuts at home. I’ve been searching for an easy yet tasty recipe and I think I’ve finally found it thanks to Genius Kitchen. My version is not any different and I’ll be honest that it’s majorly the same recipe, but the only difference being that I’ve added some cinnamon to this Banana Cake with Walnuts recipe and didn’t include the cream cheese frosting since I like to keep my sugar intake on the lower side. Adding cinnamon to this elevates the flavor and if you personally like that cinnamon touch, then you would love this recipe. So here’s the recipe for a delicious Banana Cake with Walnuts. Btw for more baking recipes, click here.
Ingredients (Serves 8-10)
1 cup Bananas (mashed, ripe)
2 tsp Lemon Juice
2 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup Butter (softened, unsalted)
1 cup Sugar (I used Dark Soft Brown Sugar)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Buttermilk
Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat oven to 275°F (135C). Take a rectangular shaped pan and grease it lightly with butter and flour.
2. Take a small bowl, mash your bananas and then mix with the lemon juice, and set aside.
3. Then in a medium bowl, mix your flour, baking soda and salt, and set aside. Separately take a large bowl, and mix 1/2 cup butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy, with a creamy texture.
3. Add your eggs to the large bowl, and beat/whisk them one at a time. Then pour in vanilla extract, cinnamon powder and stir. While stirring, beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk. And then finally stir in banana mixture.
4. Pour your batter into the prepared & greased pan. And let it bake in the preheated oven (135C) for one hour or until it’s baked properly by checking with inserting a toothpick in the center that comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist. (This trick actually works and I was pleasantly surprised with it)
So there you go with one of the Easiest and Tastiest Banana Cake recipe you could find. This will always be my favorite kind of dry cake to enjoy, and it’s only perfecting this recipe further from here.