Comfort baking at it’s best is when you can bake and enjoy a delicious & simple Moist Banana Cake with Walnuts at home. I’ve been searching for an easy yet tasty recipe and I think I’ve finally cracked my own recipe for it. I’ve added Coconut Milk to this which somehow just makes the cake so much moister and then adding cinnamon to this also elevates the flavor. If you personally like that cinnamon touch, then you would love this recipe. So here’s the recipe for a delicious Moist Banana Cake with Walnuts. For more baking recipes, click here.
Ingredients (Makes a 9×13 inch cake)
2 Bananas (mashed, ripe)
2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Butter (melted, unsalted)
1/4 cup Oil
1 3/4 cup Light Soft Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
1 tbsp Salted Caramel (optional)
1/2 cup Crushed Walnuts
Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Take a rectangular shaped 9×13 inch pan and grease it lightly with butter and flour.
2. Take a small bowl, mash your bananas and keep aside.
3. Then in a medium bowl, mix your flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt, through a sift, gently mix together and set aside. Separately take a large bowl, and mix 1 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup Oil and 1 3/4 cups brown sugar & beat until light and fluffy, with a creamy texture.
4. Add your eggs to the large bowl one at a time, and beat/whisk them. Then pour in vanilla extract and salted caramel. Salted caramel completely adds a new dimension of flavour to it. It’s optional if you have salted caramel lying at home.
5. Now fold your dry ingredients with the wet ingredients gently, and while doing so alternatively pour in your Coconut Milk. Make sure no lumps remain. Add some walnuts to your batter too and mix well.
6. Pour your batter into the prepared & greased pan. Sprinkle some walnuts over the top as well. And let it bake in the preheated oven at 180C for 40 mins or until it’s baked properly by checking with inserting a toothpick in the center that comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 30 minutes. This will make the cake very moist. (This trick actually works and I was pleasantly surprised with it)
So there you go with one of the Easiest and Tastiest Banana Cake recipe you could find. This will always be my favorite kind of dry cake to enjoy.