On the occasion of #worldchocolateday this 2020, I made a super easy and tasty 2 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse. Chocolate is something you can never get enough of. While there’s so much you can make or bake with it, for me I’ve always enjoyed a good Chocolate Mousse since I was a kid. It’s tough to recreate the ones I had as a kid but I managed to create a super simple and easy recipe with just 2 ingredients & made a wonderful 2 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse. While this has egg (disclaimer for taste too), you can try simple recipes with cream as well or even make it with hot water like this recipe. Check out the recipe for this 2 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse recipe. It’s not too late to make it for dessert tonight 😋
Happy World Chocolate Day, everyone! 🍫❤️
Ingredients (Serves 2-3):
100g Dark Chocolate (Sweetened – I used Morde Dark Chocolate)
4 eggs (yolks & whites separated)
1. Separate the yolks and the whites, and whisk your egg whites till they’re stiff (meaning the peaks stand straight up when you lift the whisk).
2. Melt your chocolate either in a microwave or on a bowl above boiling water.
3. Whisk your egg yolks and add them to your melted chocolate. Make sure you start mixing it right away so that the egg doesn’t cook.
4. Now fold your chocolate mixture with the egg whites gently, till they form a mousse like consistency or incorporated all together. It might seem runny or loose but that’s fine since it has to set in the fridge.
5. Pour the mix into a bowl/glass of your liking and let it set in the fridge for about 3-4 hours and serve cold. Garnish with chocolate shavings.